June is Men’s Health Month, and with Father’s Day just behind us, it’s important for men to consider their health. Chiropractic care can do more than reduce pain—it can act as preventative care to help men, women and children lead healthy, joy-filled lives. Here are 8 ways that getting regular chiropractic adjustments can help men feel and be their best:
1. Relieve, and prevent, back pain – The most commonly mentioned benefit of chiropractic is the relief of back pain. Through spinal adjustments, the chiropractor realigns the vertebrae, improving the functionality of the spine and spinal column. This reduces pressure and can improve the function of the back in general.
2. Headache Reduction – Regular chiropractic care can also aid in minimizing headaches from misalignment and/or tension. Proper alignment helps contribute to better blood flow and less tension in the body, resulting in fewer tension headaches.
3. Improved muscle strength – Spinal alignment also results in an increase of muscle strength in the back. With everything properly aligned, the muscles, ligaments and bones can work with the strength and support they were originally intended to have, functioning optimally.
4. Improved posture – An additional benefit of regular chiropractic adjustments is improved posture. As your doctor works to realign your spine, and the muscles gain strength from proper use, your posture will reflect the work being done and your body will be generally better aligned.
5. Reducing, and relieving, joint pain – Your chiropractor can help make adjustments to more than just your spine. If you suffer from joint pain as a result of a previous injury, we can make the necessary adjustments to provide you with greater comfort and flexibility.
6. Maximize your range of motion – Regular chiropractic care can help maximize range of motion in two ways. First, chiropractic adjustments improve the range of motion by strengthening a man’s core muscles and aligning his foundational structure, otherwise known as the spine. Second, chiropractic care works to relieve any pain that would otherwise restrict motion.
7. Reducing Stress – Chiropractic is about more than simply aligning the spine. Chiropractors take a holistic approach to health, and treat the whole body. Since each aspect of life has an impact on every other aspect, a chiropractor is available to provide support in making the healthiest choices you can make. This can reduce stress in all parts of your life, bringing ease into your body and mind.
8. Positive Mindset—Regular chiropractic care allows the body to function optimally. Part of this improvement is often an increased in positive thinking. It makes sense—the body is aligned, feels better and so feels more positive! Regular chiropractic care can improve moods and a general sense of well-being.
There are so many ways that regular chiropractic care improves the functioning of the body and mind. Schedule all the men (women and children) in your life for initial appointments at Chiropractic Family Wellness Center in Scarborough, Maine. Call us today at (207)883-5549.