Dr. Francoise Villedrouin
Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) includes Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Herbs, Dietary counseling, and Tui Na. Traditional Chinese Medicine is a complex and comprehensive system that has been practiced for thousands of years in the East. Chinese medicine focuses on prevention and treating the whole body. TCM seeks to treat the root causes of diseases. Many times, the root cause of the problem is a subtle imbalance in the body. Dr. Villedrouin is now joining Oasis. She specializes in TCM and is one of the few people in the country who has the highest clinical degree in TCM recognized in the United States. She is very excited to bring TCM to this practice and she is available for consultations to see how TCM can help you. The World Health Organization and the National Institutes of Health recognize that TCM treats a wide array of conditions. The following is a list of some of these concerns.
Back Pain, Sciatica, Shoulder Pain, Frozen Shoulder, Carpel Tunnel Syndrome, Elbow Pain, Chronic Pain, Acute Pain, Arthritis, Temporalmandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ), Fibromyalgia
Bloating, Acid Reflux, Diarrhea, Constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, Colitis
Common Cold, Rhinitis, Sinusitis, Allergies, Bronchitis, Asthma
Anxiety, Depression, Moodiness, PMS, Midlife Crisis
Headaches, Migraines, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Peripheral Neuropathies, Dizziness
PMS, Irregular Menses, Amenorrhea, Dysmenorrhea, Fertility, Menopause
Diabetes, Insomnia, Fatigue, Slow Metabolism, Poor Sleep, Stress
Complex Metabolic Disorders
Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Epstein Barr, Sequela of Lyme Disease, High Blood Pressure
Dr. Françoise Villedrouin is board certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). She has a Master of Science Degree in Acupuncture and a Doctorate of Traditional Chinese Medicine from the University of Bridgeport. Dr. Villedrouin is a lifelong Maine native, and she is licensed to practice in both Maine and Connecticut. Her special interest is in the treatment of pain (acute and chronic). She also has extensive training in digestive issues, anxiety, and women’s health.
Modalities of the Practice Include:
* Acupuncture using fine gauge, sterile, disposable needles
* Electrical stimulation (E-stim)- low grade current used to relax muscles
* Moxibustion- specialized heat therapy to change the circulation
* Cupping- specialized technique to get rid of muscle tension
* Tui na- manual muscular therapy
* Diet Therapy- specific foods for specific health concerns
* Lifestyle therapy- lifestyle modifications and healthy habits to improve your vitality
Acupuncture Hours & Pricing
First office visit includes a comprehensive intake and treatment, which can last anywhere from 60-90 minutes, depending on complexity of concerns. Cost is $110.
Return office visits can last anywhere from 45-60 minutes. Cost is $85.
Insurance is currently not accepted, however, a receipt for your services can be provided upon request.
Preparing for your first acupuncture visit:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your first appointment to fill out paperwork. Getting the paperwork done before your appointment begins will prevent it from cutting into your treatment time.
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing, when possible.
- Please do not arrive to your appointment hungry or on an empty stomach.
Hours: Please call Oasis at 883-5549 to schedule your appointment.
Call 883-5549 to schedule your appointment
Need Directions? Click here for a map and directions to Oasis.